It comes as no surprise that a Monday morning catchup becomes this hyperactivity of brainstorming, dreaming big and buy-in. We are in marketing and the more energetic the team, the more likely they will think outside the box. The failure that many companies, including ourselves, at times have is when you lose the energy to too much work or a culture that isn't hitting the mark.
We are talking big now. It's that time of our business cycle where things are really going right.
I sat down with two talented designers this morning and had a chat about how they were, what they want out of life etc. I was pleasantly surprised to hear not only that they spent time on the weekend reading my blogs, but they also took notes from the blogs and put it in their diaries.
Wow. What a compliment! I don't really expect that. They said, "Your voice is young in your blog and we can relate to it". Doubling down, I definitely would not have thought that I had a young tone, but they are my market to a point, and the other side is, of course, the entrepreneurs out there that we are looking to work with.
When I write blogs, I do so on the fly. I rarely do much research, and mostly churn them out as I have a marketing agency to run. I write whatever I am feeling at that point in time. I remember when I wrote every day how popular the blog was. When I stopped, so did the traffic. So I am back and it's quite refreshing to put whatever is happening inside my head out into the world. I suppose people are looking for a connection with the content they read.
What struck me about these two vibrant young women was:
- Their eagerness to know more about the company they work with. Not only sit at a desk and do a job but do know what is behind the thinking.
- To share the blogs with their friends because it not only related to them and their lives but that of the people who they hang with.
- It inspires them, and that is a beautiful thing to come from any medium. If you can inspire people to realize their dreams then you are doing something right.
- They are going places. People who put in that extra mile, take that extra time to know more and rationalize the thinking behind things to see how it relates to their lives, is going to be someone to watch in the future.
- Talent gets you a long way, but confidence and people skills get you there much faster. Both girls have this in abundance.