1. Engagement = Conversions!
I would say increasing your conversion rate is a good enough reason, wouldn’t you? People do not want to waste time and will leave your page if they do not understand something or feel that contacting you will take more time than they deem necessary. As stated above, we are in a world of INSTANT GRATIFICATION, and as such, people and businesses need to adapt. A study even states that 44% of people say that having someone to instantly answer their questions while in the middle of viewing their site is one of the most important features a website can offer. Connect with your audience at the first point of engagement, don’t let that potential client or opportunity to network pass you by!
2. Better communication builds business
Just like in relationships, better communication does, in fact, help. Your audience may be confused, frustrated, or downright annoyed. Being able to instantly answer any questions customers have through click to chat tools on websites increases customer satisfaction, and decreases the likelihood of bad reviews. Not only that, but through great customer service and communication, you will most likely have a returning customer. Customers are so satisfied with the use of click to chat features that in 2016 it was rated the highest in customer service communication, coming in at 73% for customer satisfaction; email came in at 61%, apps at 53%, and social media at 48%.
3. Data, please!
Through some (not all) chat services, data of your audience is provided. Data is valuable and can help improve customer relationships by helping you understand your audience. Things like operating system, number of visits, location, time on site, referring link, can all be beneficial to the user and tracked by using click to chat features. Through the data received, you can do your own sales forecasting, as well as problem solving to avoid miscommunication.
4. $$$ Reduction
Who doesn’t want to save a lot a bit of money? Research shows that live chat costs ¼ of what typical phone services will cost you. Then there are services like Ramble (still in Beta stages) that are absolutely free. Yes, you heard right, there are click to chat tools out there that are 100% free, aka it does not cost you a dime! You get to engage with your audience, make customers happy, and save money. There are no excuses to get out there and engage with your audience!
Choosing the right click to chat for you!
- Bold Chat - Mainly used for ecommerce websites. Bold Chat serves 24 of the Internet Retailer Top 500 and 85 of the Second 500
- Livezilla - Includes Richtext Chats, Global Canned Messages, File Transfer, E-Mail Transcripts, (Automated) Proactive Chat Invites, Operator to Operator Chats
- ZenDesk - Free trial, Multichannel Solutions, Advanced Analytics, Customizable Reporting, Enterprise Solutions
- Ramble - 100% Free click to chat tool used by bloggers, websites, small businesses. Can be copy and pasted into any HTML friendly page. Has Multichannel Solutions, Customer Data, Mobile App, Unlimited History
Still not convinced? Here are some more statistics to back me up via ZenDesk
- 77% of customers will not make a purchase if there is no chat support
- 62% of customers said they were more inclined to make a purchase if there was chat support
- 52% of consumers will abandon online purchases if they can’t find quick answers
- 91% of consumers who’ve used chat are satisfied with its ability to aid in their decisions, resolve customer service or tech issues, answer product questions in a timely manner
- 60% of customers hate waiting more than a minute for support
So, what are you waiting for? If you have a business or a blog and want to engage with your audience, get on the click to chat train! If you’re not sure and need advice about what click to chat platform would work best for you, or need help with communication with your audience, check out Marketing Eye!